Nov 1, 2011

Butterfly Baby Shower

A few weeks ago I hosted a butterfly themed baby shower for my sister-in-law.  During the early planning stages I considered many different themes, but settled on butterflies once I found out the guest of honor loves butterflies.  Oh, and the fact that she is having a little girl. 

Pink and yellow were our main colors, from the invitations, to the cake, to the cupcakes.  And speaking of invitations, I couldn’t decide which I liked better, with a pink or yellow butterfly, so I made them both and sent them both.  Half and half.  For a moment I even considered including a brief equal opportunities for butterflies disclaimer. 


I initially considered making the food, but after careful consideration, it was better to cater (most of it, anyway).  My sister in law lives about 6 hours away and we were not sure we could pull it off in just one day.  Some things are just best left to the pros.  We did however drop off our beautiful platters so the food could be prepared, arranged and delivered ready to serve. 








I had a lot of fun planning and organizing this shower, almost as much fun as in the actual event.  Everything turned out really well, and most importantly, my sister-in-law was really happy with the results. 

What do you think?  Planning any baby showers or other events lately? I am also having lots of fun decorating the nursery.  Just a few more touches and it will be done.  Hopefully I can share some pictures soon.  Stay tuned!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: